IN 7 DAYS
OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AGENT IN MALTA
Why are LEI numbers required in Malta?
Legal Entity Identifiers (LEIs) are important for promoting transparency, efficiency, and security in financial markets.
- LEIs are essential for regulatory compliance, including MiFIR and EMIR, in financial transactions.
- LEIs improve counterparty understanding and relationship assessment, fostering stability in finance.
Enhanced transparency and trust
- LEIs ensure transparency, trust, and reduced fraud by reliably identifying legal entities in financial transactions.
2 571 372
Why choose LEI Register?
LEI Register offers a fast, reliable, and secure way to register or renew your Legal Entity Identifier (LEI). Our technology-driven approach simplifies data processing and provides a streamlined registration process.About us
Seamless registration process that takes just a few minutes to complete
Cost-effective LEI services that enable you to save on renewals by opting for multiyear plans
Count on our dedicated team for reliable customer support, available every day
- The first four digits represent the identifier of the LEI issuing organisation, otherwise know as Local Operating Unit (LOU).
- These two digits in the LEI number are always set as 0.0 in every LEI format.
- This section of the LEI number is unique and identifies each legal entity in the global database with alphanumeric characters.
- The final two verification digits are generated by an algorithmic formula as described in the ISO 17442 standard.
The Legal Entity Identifier number does not replace the national registry code of a company.
An LEI registration is mandatory for all legal entities that intend to engage in financial market transactions involving any form of securities or derivatives. Examples of such financial instruments include stocks, bonds, ETFs, FX forwards, swaps, and interest rate swaps, among others.
The LEI system is intended to provide a consistent, globally accepted method for identifying parties to financial transactions to reduce risk and increase transparency in the global financial system.
Failing to renew the LEI results in its expiration. This can create issues in financial transactions and reporting obligations, potentially leading to financial institutions rejecting transactions and regulatory non-compliance penalties.
An expired, i.e., lapsed LEI can be renewed anytime.
To see more, visit the LEI search tool.
Simply enter the LEI code or the company’s name associated with an LEI, and the database will provide the current status and other relevant details.
LEI Register is a Registration Agent of Ubisecure Oy (RapidLEI).
The transfer of an LEI is costless and can be completed within seven days.
Such documentation could include a Trust Deed, an establishing agreement, or any other relevant document that confirms the information.